My Morning And Evening Daily Routine
Morning Daily Routine
For the record, I am not a morning person….. But I go through my morning ceremonies anyway! This is my morning daily routine:
After anywhere from 7 to 9 hours of sleep. I found that the older I became, the more sleep I needed, not less. When I was younger, I could do with just 6 to 7 hours and function perfectly well the following day. The hasn’t been the case in the last few years. Especially when I developed insomnia during one of my extremely stressful jobs a few years ago which I decided to walk away from after eighteen months. I now need a solid 7 to 9 hours of restful sleep in order to go about my day’s business with an easy flow. Lack of sleep just makes me irritable and as a result, makes me short with people. It also causes me to slow down my thinking process and have lack of clarity because my head is out or sorts from lack of sleep. Both of these are not good for sensible decision-making.
- Wake up slowly & say my morning prayers. This includes reciting the many wonderful blessings that I am claiming for myself, my family and my business. I delve into detail when I pray and ask openly, directly and without abandon. The Universe will give us what we want so go right ahead! Help yourself by asking only for the best and brightest for you and your loved ones. After you have said your prayers, believe you have already received all that you have asked for, feel all those fabulous emotions that you would feel if the blessings were here now and thank the Universe for sending all of your wishes to you. End all prayers with “so it is, so it is, so it is”…… Let go of how it will all unfold and manifest; you have already done your part in the process of co-creating miracles in your life.
- Put natural tears eyedrops prescribed by my eye doctor. I had preventive surgery on my eyes about twelve years ago. I was accompanying my Mom for her routine eye check-up when she convinced me to get my eyes checked. Strangely enough, I was the one who needed urgent medical care from the eye doctor. I would suggest that people start having their eyes checked on or before their 40th birthdays. There are a few eye conditions that have no symptoms. These can be quite dangerous because people don’t feel anything. I need to use natural tears eyedrops twice a day to prevent dryness on my eyes. Am also checked by the eye doctor twice a year, consistently.
- Ring my singing bowl a few times to mark the start of a new day. The sound of singing bowl reminds me of the ringing of church bells.
- Recite my Daily Affirmation to get myself into the right groove. Wake up, wake up, wake up!
- Take 1 tbsp. Thera Virgil Coconut Oil and gargle in my mouth for 5 minutes. Spit the oil after 5 minutes. Ideally, this “oil pulling” should be done anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes.
- Drink 1 8-ounce glass of warm water with 1 small calamansi within one minute of preparation.
- After 15 minutes, drink 1 8-ounce glass of room temperature water with 1 tbsp. Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 tsp. Wild Honey.
- After 15 minutes, drink 1 tbsp. Thera Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Eat breakfast together with decaffeinated coffee with Coconut Sugar & milk (sometimes regular milk, sometimes soymilk, almond milk and coconut milk). Breakfast is alternating pineapple, mango, banana, coconut water with spirulina powder & chia seeds shake one day and toast with butter/granola with flaxseeds & banana the next day. I take three meals a day and snack only on occasion, when I really feel the need to eat something to tide me over into the next meal.
- Take supplements prescribed by my alternative medicine doctor throughout the day – at breakfast, at lunch, at dinner and at bedtime.
Evening Daily Routine
This is my evening daily routine:
- Show up at yoga class at least 2x a week, ideally 4x a week. I do Kundalini Yoga, together with Vinyasa Yoga. I walk whenever I can when I’m going to meetings, to lunch, to dinner and to run errands. I also avoid taking elevators up a few flights of stairs. I climb the stairs up and down.
- Turn off two Himalayan Salt Crystal Lamps and turn down one Himalayan Salt Crystal Lamp to dim in the room for an evening mood lighting & a relaxing feel while I sleep.
- Go to the toilet, take off make-up and wash face thoroughly.
- Brush & floss teeth. Flossing is a crucial part of health & wellness. Food particles get trapped in between our teeth. Brushing alone doesn’t remove them. Flossing does, so don’t forget to floss daily. There are food particles from your day’s meals left rotting in your mouth overnight, perhaps even longer. Do you need more reason to floss?
- Apply face & neck cream, eye cream and lip balm. I am not a believer in anything invasive. If I can help the ageing process with creams and the like, I will do that diligently.
- Put natural tears eyedrops prescribed by my eye doctor.
- Say my evening prayers, simultaneously with visualization and feeling that my wishes have already been granted. Have you ever watched a child imagine and pretend? Have you noticed that with their natural imagination & pretense, there is no line between reality & fiction? It is one and the same for them. That is how we should visualize and feel when we are praying. Our prayers have been granted, our desires have been fulfilled, our wishes have arrived. There is no such thing as saying the prayers today and then waiting for them to be answered tomorrow, or a later time. Everything is already here, now. End all prayers with so it is, so it is, so it is……
- Do my guided or self-guided meditation which can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 25 minutes. The practice of daily meditation has been the most valuable thing I learned in the last year. It has brought some noticeable changes in me, particularly in the area of my intuition. I can now hear my inner voice more sharply since it’s no longer drowned out in a lot of noise.
- Write on my Daily Gratitude Journal the things, both big & small, that I am thankful for on that day. This practice has served me well throughout the years. It has really pumped up my gratitude muscle, allowing me to see and appreciate all the things I should be thankful for, whether big or small. Today, I can be as grateful for something that would seem to others just frivolous and trivial. Regardless, it still made me happy and grateful. As I write on my Gratitude Journal, certain events of the day are highlighted as “needs improvement”. Meaning, I could have reacted to people and situations with more patience and understanding.
- Sleep soundly after another day filled with health, wellness and happiness!!!
Make it natural, make it easy,